November 4, 2012

n&c

Wedding season is over for me this year! I've had a lovely time celebrating with many lovely couples all year long, but now it's time for my bank account to recover a little bit after all the splurging on flights and hotels and gifts.

The final wedding in the 2012 season was held last weekend in Tarrytown, New York. It was almost like a high school reunion for me, seeing as the groom is a friend of mine from way-back-then! I had a great time seeing some of my friends from high school - and naturally, we were all seated at the same table during the reception. Heh.

Classic red rose centerpiece
My high school friends - including the happy groom!
(I'm in the striped dress, obviously...)
Celebratory cigars from the reception!

I did take many more pictures that day with my fancy camera, but I'd rather not upload all 70+ to the blog, y'know? 

Anyway, the season's over, and just in time for me to start buying Christmas gifts. Ha, funny. Also, it seems that the invitations for next year's wedding season are already starting to trickle in. Vermont wedding next May? Sure... yeah... I'll be there. 

And I suppose if you're curious about these things - my dress is from Old Navy. From like, two years ago. Best impulse shopping purchase I've made, probably ever. I've worn it to work, school, and now a wedding! Whoo! 

5 comments:

  1. You look great in the dress! I can't believe it's from Old Navy--something about the stripes seems Prada-esque. ;-)

    Sounds like the year has been flying by from one special occasion to another. Hope you have some downtime for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The dress does remind me of that striped Prada number that was everywhere a few seasons ago. :)

      Yeah, this year's been kind of crazy, but now things are starting to calm down a little. Which is good, because I'm exhausted! And broke!

      Delete
  2. Esther, I'm so impressed by you and your wedding-going. Cath and I somehow managed to get away with only going to one wedding this past year -- and that was mine.
    The pics are so cute, and it sounds so fun -- meeting up with friends of yore :) Love your stripey dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was almost a perverse desire to be at all these weddings that kept me going! ;) Haha. I don't want to miss out on a party, I guess!

      Delete
  3. Ha! I was going to write the same thing as Lar. It's a good thing I wasn't invited to more weddings this year because I'd be broke!

    I can't believe that dress is from Old Navy - it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete