April 5, 2013

tokyo, japan (2012)

For some reason (laziness), I never posted about the rest of my Great Asian Adventure from last year, when I traveled to Korea, Thailand, China and Japan. Whoops! You can check out my photos from Seoul, Korea (aka the motherland) that I shared last May. Heh. 

Tokyo Sky-Tree - now the tallest tower in Japan!
How cute is this Domo bus?! Wish we had them in Boston!
I have a "Girls Bar" named after me in Tokyo, sorta... haha...

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE LOOKING AT PICTURES OF FISH OR SEAFOOD, STOP HERE.


I had a couple of "bucket list" items for my trip to Tokyo. 

1. CONVEYOR BELT SUSHI - Okay, I've actually done this before back in 2010, when I took an overnight trip to Osaka during my teaching-in-Korea days. But, y'know... IT'S TOKYO. Conveyor belt sushi is so much fun. They charge you per dish, and different-colored dishes are different prices. I had a pretty tall stack of dishes by the end. 

OISHII!

2. MORE SUSHI! Yeah, all I wanted to do in Japan was stuff myself with sushi. I got to try sushi from one of the tiny shops along the famous Tsujiki Fish Market, and have pretty much ruined sushi for myself forever... every time I go out to a sushi place in Boston, I find myself comparing it to the meal I had here. 

Fish on display at the market
I hope I get to go back to Japan soon! My younger brother's actually going to be doing the JET program, so maybe I'll use that as an excuse to visit him. And I may post pictures of China next... or maybe I'll forget until 2014. 

Last meal in Tokyo = the best sushi EVER + egg things

No comments:

Post a Comment